Front-end Web Developer
We’re looking for a Front-end Web Developer to join our team in Calgary Alberta. Do you have a passion for web standards, user experience, and mobile first responsive web development? This is the job for you. Designers who dabble in programming need not apply. If you’re not the ‘resume type’ feel free to send work samples that speak to the skill sets listed below
You’re the right candidate for Front-end Web Developer if you:
- Have a minimum 2 years of experience working in an agency or development team setting
- Are self motivated with the ability to multi-task and manage your time
- Are a team player and creative problem solver who is open to new approaches and collaboration to create the best results on time and budget
- Have a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Possess strong attention to detail in regards to both design and code
- Are passionate about web standards, best practices and latest trends
- Have experience working with comps, wireframes and design templates
- Are a perpetual learner who loves to tinker and has a passion for innovation
What you know:
- Expert knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 with an understanding of mobile first development and progressive enhancement.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as SASS
- Knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Experience with Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator (or equivalent design and prototype software).
- Experience with GIT or other version control systems.
- Aren’t afraid of shedding your GUI in favour of Terminal commands
We’d like you even more if you had:
- Experience with PHP development
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Open Source CMS’s ( ie. WordPress, Drupal )
- Involvement with industry events or contributions to open source projects