We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to join the team. A highly motivated individual with the right kind of experience and understanding when it comes to current design patterns, usability best practices and online technologies. We’d love it if you have a degree or diploma in Visual or Interaction Design, HCI or Information Architecture. Also, we’d expect you know how to put the Adobe Creative Suite to work or similar design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Principle or Framer.
You get fired up when it’s your responsibility to lead in the creation of branded design solutions. We’d be fired up to see that your portfolio contains examples of your understanding of things like colour theory and it’s impact on cohesive design systems, how beautiful typography can influence layouts and that you create clarity for users through intuitive interfaces on both web and mobile devices. If you have any experience writing code, that’d be a real bonus – but not necessary.
This is a full time position based out of our office in Calgary.
Think you’ve got what it takes? We’re waiting to hear from you!
- Degree or Diploma in graphic/web design
- 3+ years experience within an interactive or digital media agency
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak to your work and collaborate with the team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently or as a group.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Clean design aesthetic with a solid understanding of interactive design (user experience, user interface, colour theory & typography)
- Experience with mobile and responsive interface design techniques
- Experience with front end development (html/css) and designing in the browser. You can take your design and make it work if needed.
- Understanding of the possibilities and limitations of web technologies, social media, and content management systems